Catholic Citizenship Essay Contest
From: 2020-08-17 01:00:00
2020 Catholic Citizenship Essay
- Essays must reflect the assigned theme and topic, and submitted by the published deadline.
- Essays must be the student’s original work.
- Essay must be typed on 8 1/2” X 11” paper, one sided, double spaced, with one-inch margins.
- Essays must be between 500 – 750 words in length.
- The student’s name should appear only on the official Catholic Citizenship Essay Contest entry form, which must be stapled to the essay
- All entries become the property of the Knights of Columbus and will not be returned.
Send essay and the official Catholic Citizenship Essay Contest entry form by October 16th to:
- Mail: Sam Gonzalez
- 84 Bradford Circle
- Sugar Land, Tx. 77479
- Email: GonzalezSam29@gmail.com
- Or drop off at the church office
Theme: How trusting in God during a difficult time has helped you or someone you know find strength and hope to endure it.
In an essay of 500-750 words, discuss how trusting in God during a difficult time has helped you or someone you know find the strength and hope to endure it. Consider especially those times when it was a challenge to understand why something was happening. Consider also sharing any lessons about faith and hope you or someone you know may have learned from this experience.
“Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy” (1 Peter 1:8).
Contest Levels & Awards:
All entrants will receive a certificate of participation.
Council Level – KC 4204 Sugar Land
- Cetificates for first, second, and third place winners in each grade.
- $50 to all first place winners in each grade.
First place essay will automatically be forwarded to the next levels: District, State, and International.
There will be a 1st place winner and 2 runner up winners for each grade level.
- 1st Place - $300
- Runner ups - $100
- The winners at the council level will be notified by a representative of the Knights of Columbus #4204 in November.
- The winners at the International Level will be notified by the Knights of Columbus State Deputy in March 2021.
Send your essay and entry form by October 16 to: GonzalezSam29@gmail.com or drop it off at the St. Theresa's Church office.